MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
At Park Sutton Advisors, we understand that a transaction represents a once-in-a-lifetime event for private business owners. Consequently, we seek to provide clients with experienced, confidential advice and the absolute highest level of personal attention. Our senior partners are extremely involved with every phase of an assignment.
Merger and acquisition services include:
- Sell-side advisory
- Buy-side advisory
- Management buyouts
- Sales & divestures
- Capital raising
- Acquisition searches
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Due diligence assistance in connection with transactions
Selected completed assignments of our Senior Professionals (while with Park Sutton Advisors and Predecessor Firms):
- Advised EP Wealth Advisors, a fee-only investment advisory and financial planning firm with around $3 billion in AUM, on its sale to Wealth Partners Capital Group. WPCG is a new venture comprised of EP, MAI Capital Management, and Forbes Family Trust. Affiliated Managers Group owns a minority stake in WPCG.
- Advised Peapack-Gladstone Bank on its acquisition of Murphy Capital Management, a leading wealth management firm with around $850 million in AUM.
- Advised Fifth Third Bank on its acquisition of The Retirement Corporation of America, a leading retirement planning firm with around $500 million in AUM.
- Served as the independent advisor for the benefit of the agent for a group of lenders to Keeley Asset Management on its sale to Teton Advisors. Keeley is a small- and mid-cap value manager with $2.5 billion in AUM.
- Advised Park Madison Partners, an investment banking boutique focused on global real estate private equity and alternatives with placement of over $8 billion globally, on the sale of a minority interest to Paxion Capital.
- Advised Archer Wealth Management, a financial planning firm with $400 million in AUM, on its sale to HighTower Advisors.
- Advised Apex Capital Management, a small- and smid-cap US growth equity manager with $7.1 billion in AUM, on its sale to Fiera Capital, a publicly-listed Canadian investment manager.
- Advised Dendron Advisors, a financial planning firm with $400 million in AUM focusing on corporate executives, on its sale to HPM Partners.
- Advised MOAB Oil, a leading independent broker of physical and financial instruments in the energy markets, on its sale to Tullett Prebon.
- Advised The MDE Group and Acertus Capital Management, on their sale to Beacon Trust Company (The Provident Bank). Combined AUM of the merged business was about $2.5 billion.
- Advised Geneva Capital Management, a small- and mid-cap US growth equity manager with $6.3 billion in AUM, on its sale to Henderson Global Investors, a global asset manager, publicly-listed in the UK and Australia.
- Initiated the acquisition by Fiduciary Network of a minority stake in Pathstone Family Office, a multi-family office with approximately $2 billion in AUM.
- Advised RR Advisory Group, an independent wealth management firm with approximately $800 million in AUA, on its sale of a majority stake to Mariner Wealth Advisors.
- Advised Prime Management, a fund administrator with approximately $6 billion in AUA, on its sale to SS&C Technologies.
- Advised Rushmore Investment Advisors, a registered investment advisor in Dallas with $900 million in AUA, on its sale to Banyan Partners.
- Advised McDonnell Investment Management, a leading fixed income investment manager with approximately $13.5 billion in AUM, on its sale to Natixis Global Asset Management.
- Advised Columbus Avenue Consulting, a hedge fund administrator with $7 billion in AUA, on its sale to Orangefield Group. Orangefield-Columbus will have $25 billion in AUA.
- Advised RiverPoint Capital Management, an independent investment advisory firm in Cincinnati with $1.3 billion in AUM, on the sale of a majority stake to Mariner Wealth Advisors. Three senior portfolio managers at RiverPoint became shareholders as part of the transaction.
- Advised Ultimus Fund Solutions, a leading independent mutual fund administrator with approximately $20 billion in AUA, on the partial sale of equity to LLR Partners, a middle market private equity firm with more than $1.4 billion under management.
- Advised Gravity Financial, an independent full-service fund administrator, on its sale to SS&C Technologies.
- Advised Red Granite Advisors, a large cap growth investment manager, on the sale of a majority interest to Ziegler Lotsoff Capital Management. Post-transaction Ziegler Lotsoff managed $3.9 billion in AUM.
- Advised Rushmore Investment Advisors (Dallas, TX) and Northstar Capital Management (Boca Raton, FL) on a strategic combination that resulted in an entity with approximately $1.1 billion in AUM.
- Advised Bluffview Wealth Management on the sale of the Sollertia Funds to Natixis.
- Advised Mead, Adam & Co. on its sale to Johnson Investment Counsel, the largest independent wealth management boutique in the State of Ohio.
- Advised Farmers National Banc Corp on its acquisition of Butler Wick Trust Company, the $700 million AUM trust unit of Butler Wick Corp., from its parent community bank, United Community Financial Corp.
- Advised Lakepoint Investment Partners, a large-cap growth and investment grade fixed income investment manager with approximately $600 million in AUM, on its sale to Northern Trust.
- Advised Sanders Morris Harris Group on the acquisition of a 50.1% stake in Leonetti & Associates, an open architecture wealth manager with over $400 million in AUM.
- Advised wealth manager Fairport Asset Management, with $1 billion in AUM, on the sale of a majority stake to WealthTrust.
- Advised Meeschaert Corporation on the acquisition of a minority stake and strategic alliance with The Solaris Group, a multi-family office with $1.8 billion in AUM.
- Advised FAME on the acquisition of a majority interest of global equity investment manager Wilkinson O’Grady with $1.6 billion in AUM.
- Advised Astor Asset Management, an allocator to ETF portfolios with close to $700 million in AUM, on its sale to Knight Capital Group.
- Advised an institutional sales, trading & research firm with an industry specialty on its sale to a regional brokerage firm.
- Advised Advisean Partners on the acquisition of a majority interest in ThirtyNorth Investments (formerly known as Wealth Planners), a registered investment advisor with offices in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Advised leading European private equity fund placement agent Helix Associates on its sale to Jefferies.
- Advised Julius Baer Group on the sale of its Pan-European institutional brokerage business to private equity firm Lightyear Capital.
- Advised convertible arbitrage alternative investment manager Forest Investment Management with $600 million in AUM on a management buyout.
- Advised convertibles research boutique Forum Capital Markets on its sale to First Union Corporation.
- Advised Hedge Funds Services (BVI), a hedge fund administrator located in the British Virgin Islands with $2.4 billion in AUA, on its sale to Fortis Prime Fund Solutions.
- Advised the high-net-worth division of Brundage, Story and Rose with $4.5 billion in AUM on its sale to Bessemer Trust.
- Advised the institutional fixed income division of Brundage, Story and Rose with $3 billion in AUM on its sale to DLJ Asset Management.
- Advised Sanders Morris Harris Group on its acquisition of small-cap value manager Charlotte Capital with $400 million in AUM.
- Advised Sentinel Asset Management on the acquisition of the mutual fund complex of Synovus Financial.
- Advised Independent National Bancorp on the acquisition of HKH Financial Services, Inc. Subsequently valued the target one year later.
- Advised First Republic Bancorp on acquisition of the remaining 80.1% of Trainer, Wortham, a high-net-worth investment manager with $2.4 billion in AUM.
- Advised turnkey asset management provider Lockwood Financial Group with $8 billion in AUM on its sale to The Bank of New York.
- Advised Peter Cundill & Associates on the sale of its mutual funds with C$350 million in AUM to Mackenzie Financial.
- Advised Sun Life of Canada on its acquisition of real estate investment manager Langbourn Property Investment Services in the UK.
- Advised German broker Seydler AG on its sale to Close Brothers Group.
- Advised EMAT on its sale to The Bank of New York.
- Advised regional brokerage firm Gruntal Financial LLC on the sale of various assets to Ryan, Beck.
- Advised publicly-traded retail brokerage firm on its merger with a full-service, retail/institutional brokerage.
- Advised fund administrator Boston Institutional Group on its sale to BISYS Group.
- Advised online trading exchange AZX, Inc. on the sale of minority interests to Goldman Sachs Group, J.P. Morgan, and Credit Suisse First Boston.
See how Park Sutton Advisors can help your business grow and establish its place in the industry.