The wealth and asset management industry is deep and complex. Park Sutton Advisors can help your firm plan for the future, position itself within the industry, and gain insight into the true value of your business. Our team seeks to provide you with the highest quality service that only a team of experienced industry veterans can provide.
Strategic advisory services include:
- Fairness opinions
- Equity transition planning, succession planning, and ownership restructuring
- Assistance with valuation in support of litigation
- Expert witness testimony
- Competitive market environment reviews
- Value-enhancing business strategies
- Private placements
Selected completed assignments of our Senior Professionals (while with Park Sutton Advisors and Predecessor Firms):
- Advised a wealth management team with approximately $2 billion in AUM on its breakaway from a national wirehouse firm. Strategic services included valuation of the team as an independent business and creation of an equity incentive plan.
- Advised a major regional bank on the valuation of its institutional asset management business with over $6 billion in AUM.
- Advised on the valuation of an independent financial advisory firm with $1.1 billion in AUM in the Midwestern United States; also provided succession planning advice.
- Advised privately-owned financial institution on valuation and deal terms in the context of a management buyout of its investment banking division.
- Provided strategic advice to Reinhart Partners, a leading independent asset & wealth management firm in Milwaukee, with over $5 billion in assets.
- Provided strategic advice to a $900 million registered investment advisor in the Northeast with regard to best practice and strategic alternatives.
- Advised on market-level compensation and valuation of a registered investment advisor with over $3 billion in assets in connection with divorce proceedings.
- Provided expert witness testimony on the valuation of the client book of a wirehouse financial advisor in connection with divorce proceedings; judge ultimately agreed that the book had value as a marital asset in a precedent-setting case in this Midwestern state.
- Advised on the valuation of a $1.2 billion independent trust company in the Northeastern United States.
- Annually valued the equity of Cleary Gull, a leading independent wealth manager and investment bank in Milwaukee, with over $3 billion in assets.
- Annually valued the equity of Driehaus Capital Management, an institutional aggressive growth investment manager with over $7 billion in AUM. Also advised the firm on an equity recycling program.
- Advised Sparx, a Japanese hedge fund group, on strategic opportunities for its US mutual funds. The complex was eventually acquired by Hennessy Advisors.
- Completed a valuation of the financial planning affiliate of a $10 billion wealth management firm.
- Provided valuation assistance to a wealth management firm with $350 million in AUM in connection with a dispute involving a former partner.
- Completed a valuation of the private client division of a Midwestern brokerage/wealth management firm.
- Provided valuation assistance to a $1.4 billion multi-family office.
- Provided valuation assistance in the context of a hedge fund/CDO manager with $3 billion in AUM in connection with divorce proceedings.
- Completed the valuation of an independent brokerage subsidiary of a Fortune 1000 insurance company with over $100 million in GDCs.
- Advised a large global financial institution as an industry expert in connection with litigation surrounding a US brokerage acquisition.
- Advised Top 10 US mutual fund manager on the review of its strategic alternatives, including various LBO, equity grant, and sub-advisory arrangements.
- Completed a valuation of Jamison Eaton & Wood, a leading investment counseling firm in New Jersey with $750 million in AUM.
See how Park Sutton Advisors can help your business grow and establish its place in the industry.