Selected completed assignments of our Senior Professionals (while with Park Sutton Advisors and Predecessor Firms):
Institutional Asset Management & Alternatives M&A:
- Advised European group FAME on the acquisition of a majority interest of New York based global equity investment manager Wilkinson O’Grady with $1.6 billion in AUM.
- Advised National Asset Management with $17 billion in AUM on its sale to Invesco Ltd.
- Advised convertible arbitrage alternative investment manager Forest Investment Management with $600 million in AUM on a management buyout.
- Advised Seneca Capital Management with $12 billion in AUM on its sale to Virtus Investment Partners.
- Advised the institutional fixed income division of Brundage, Story and Rose with $3 billion in AUM on its sale to DLJ Asset Management.
- Advised Santander Global Advisors with $750 million in AUM on its sale of a minority interest to MetLife.
- Advised Sanders Morris Harris Group on the acquisition of small-cap value manager Charlotte Capital with $400 million in AUM.
- Advised Sun Life of Canada on its acquisition of real estate investment manager Langbourn Property Investment Services in the UK.
Wealth Management & RIA M&A:
- Advised Invesco Ltd. on its acquisition of Pell Rudman & Co, with $8 billion in AUM.
- Advised Sanders Morris Harris Group on the acquisition of a 50.1% stake in Leonetti & Associates, an open architecture wealth manager with over $400 million in AUM.
- Advised wealth manager Fairport Asset Management, with $1 billion in AUM, on the sale of a majority stake to WealthTrust.
- Advised Meeschaert Corporation on the acquisition of a minority stake and strategic alliance with The Solaris Group, a multi-family office with $1.8 billion in AUM.
- Advised the high-net-worth division of Brundage, Story and Rose with $4.5 billion in AUM on its sale to Bessemer Trust.
- Advised First Republic Bancorp on acquisition of the remaining 80.1% of Trainer, Wortham, a high net worth investment manager with $2.4 billion in AUM.
Mutual Funds, SMA’s & Diversified M&A:
- Advised Virtus Investment Partners on its acquisition of Kayne Anderson & Rudnick, with $7.2 billion in AUM.
- Advised Carlson Investment Management with $3 billion in AUM on its sale to Skandia Life.
- Advised Lexington Global Asset Managers with $3.6 billion in AUM on its sale to ING Pilgrim.
- Advised Virtus Investment Partners on its acquisition of the Zweig Funds, with $4.4 billion in AUM.
- Advised Sentinel Asset Management on the acquisition of the mutual fund complex of Synovus Financial with approximately $500 million in assets.
- Advised turn-key asset management provider Lockwood Financial Group with $8 billion in AUM on its sale to The Bank of New York.
- Advised Peter Cundill & Associates on the sale of its mutual funds with C$350 million in AUM to Mackenzie Financial.
- Advised Natixis Global Asset Management on its acquisition of the Kobrick Mutual Funds.
Broker/Dealer & Investment Banking M&A:
- Advised leading European private equity fund placement agent Helix Associates on its sale to Jefferies.
- Advised Julius Baer Group on the sale of its Pan-European institutional brokerage business to private equity firm Lightyear Capital.
- Advised Independent National Bancorp on the acquisition of HKH Financial Services, Inc. Subsequently valued the target one year later.
- Advised convertibles research boutique Forum Capital Markets on its sale to First Union Corporation.
- Advised German broker Seydler AG on its sale to Close Brothers Group.
- Advised EMAT on its sale to The Bank of New York.
- Advised regional brokerage firm Gruntal Financial LLC on the sale of various assets to Ryan, Beck.
- Advised publicly-traded retail brokerage firm on its merger with full-service, retail/institutional brokerage.
- Advised online trading exchange AZX, Inc. on the sale of minority interests to Goldman Sachs Group, J.P. Morgan, and Credit Suisse First Boston.
Fund Administration M&A:
- Advised Hedge Funds Services (BVI), a hedge fund administrator located in the British Virgin Islands with $2.4 billion in AUA, on its sale to Fortis Prime Fund Solutions.
- Advised INVESCO Ltd. on the sale of its Retirement Services Division with $28 billion AUA to Merrill Lynch and Co.
- Advised fund administrator Boston Institutional Group on its sale to BISYS Group.
Park Sutton Advisors, LLC
295 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017